Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Plant and Krauss, Part 2


I don't want to take ALL of the credit for this, but on Sunday night, Robert Plant and Alison Krauss won a Grammy in the category of "Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals" for their recording of Gone Gone Gone (Done Moved On). This is pretty impressive, as they were up against Beyonce & Shakira, Gwen Stefani & Akon, and Timbaland & Nelly Furtado & Justin Timberlake. You may recall that I posted about this song specifically back on January 30th. Am I a spotter of greatness? Some sort of human divining rod when it comes to talent? Frankly, yes.

Now Plant and Krauss are going out on tour, forestalling a potential Led Zeppelin reunion tour. Something about Robert Plant's willingness to put this quiet little understated tour ahead of a what would certainly be the biggest rock reunion tour ever makes me happy.

1 comment:

RobertPlantFan said...

Robert's interest in moving ahead with his fantastic solo career instead of living in the past makes me happy, too. And while Robert really doesn't hold much stock in these things, his Grammy win made me positively giddy.

RPF
manicnirvana.com