Thursday, February 14, 2008

Oh. My. God.



This trailer gave me chills. So many iconic images and sounds from my childhood. No fictional character was ever more important to me as a young boy (or ever, I suppose). Super heroes? Luke Skywalker? Knight Rider? They all paled in comparison to Indiana Jones. He was a real guy...no powers, just brains and courage and countless adventures that I attempted to reenact in my backyard using a chain from our swing set as a bull whip.

I can't think of any film in my adulthood that I've anticipated with this level of enthusiasm. And, as a result, never in the history of films has a film had such potential to disappoint me. Honestly, the odds are stacked against it ever living up to my expectations. Nonetheless, I'll be there on opening weekend.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhh! Climbing the fence with the swing set chains. Good times. Remember getting to go to the midnight showing of Temple of Doom?

Dan said...

It even got to me, and I'll admit, I have been skeptical of bringing Indiana Jones back. It looks like they just might have pulled it off. It is just the trailer, but you know.

That, along with The Dark Knight, will be definite first run theater trips for me.