Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Is 2008 "The Year Of Matt"?


Only one more month until Lindsey Buckingham's new live CD/DVD, "Live at the Bass Performance Hall" is released. I'm very excited about this, because of the inclusion of some very strong new material such as "Not Too Late", "It Was You", and "Castaway Dreams"...but slightly disappointed at yet one more live release of "I'm So Afraid" and "Big Love". Great songs...but LB fans already have many live versions of these tracks. At least we finally get a live version of "Holiday Road", one of Lindsey's most underrated songs, thanks to its attachment to the Chevy Chase movie.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that 2008 is tailor-made for me, but let's look at what it's brought/bringing so far:
  1. Indiana Jones 4
  2. Guitar Hero Aerosmith
  3. Maynard Ferguson Tribute Concert in May
  4. It's Cadbury Egg Season
  5. New live Lindsey Buckingham CD/DVD
  6. An Obama presidential win? (I hope)

I know you superstitious types are probably worried right now that I've just tempted fate and something terrible will happen to me soon. When it does, I'll post about it.

3 comments:

K Bell said...

It's good to be Matt!

Meanwhile, I'm left with scraps. Juno was the only Oscar-contending movie I saw, and I can't remember the last time I was excited for a new album to come out.

I guess there's always the Sex and the City movie to look forward to ... but the Year of Kristie it ain't.

God said...

Is it just me or does everyone else get goosebumps during the Indy 4 trailer when the music starts up as he's picking up his hat?

Dang, I can't wait for this one. It's been 19 years and I'm ready for more.

Dan said...

I've been meaning to comment on this for some time, but keep forgetting. I was at Hy-Vee one day and had no idea that the Cadbury Egg line had diversified as much as it had. So much for the old whit and yellow insides. Anything goes.