Friday, February 15, 2008

God Must Have a Crush On Me


Yesterday, I get the new Indiana Jones trailer. Today, I get news that is almost as exciting. First, let me back up to express something that anyone who knows me has already heard a million times: Guitar Hero is the most fun game ever invented. Oh, yes. And I'm not just talking about video games. It's more fun than poker, 20 questions, baseball or bowling. Never in the history of recreation has there been a more engaging or enjoyable activity.

Now I'll back up even further to say that my favorite band in high school was Aerosmith. It's a little tougher to be an Aerosmith enthusiast today than it was in the early 90s, but I'm still a big fan. As someone who follows their career, I've been aware of a rumor that's been swirling around on the (always trustworthy) internets for the past couple of months. The rumor has suggested that the next installment of Guitar Hero would focus on the music of Aerosmith in some way.

Today, there's an article in USA Today that not only confirms this rumor, but goes further to say that the entire game will be dedicated to the music of Aerosmith. In fact, the game will actually follow their career from their beginnings in Boston to eventual super stardom.

"It's got our whole career, from the first place we ever played as a band, Nipmuc High School (in 1970, about 40 miles from Boston) to the (2001) Super Bowl halftime show," says lead singer Steven Tyler. "It's 30 years of the legend of Aerosmith and where we played to get where we are."

I've already warned my wife that I will have to get an apartment so that I can more fully focus my attention on Guitar Hero during the entire summer. I really think that in this age of digital cameras and email that I can stay in the loop with the activities and goings on of my children during this time.

Seriously...a new Indiana Jones movie in May and an Aerosmith Guitar Hero in June? I can only assume that for July someone is planning to resurrect Bill Bixby from the dead and start up a new Incredible Hulk show.

No comments: