Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Upscaling Wendy's?


My family went to Wendy's the other night (see Melanie's birthday post) and actually ate IN. Eating in at a fast food restaurant is rare enough for us...make that restaurant a Wendy's and we're talking Haley's Comet frequency here.

Sometime between the last time I'd eaten in a Wendy's and Monday night they've upscaled. How do I know? They no longer bother with the lowly peasant question, "Is this for here or to go?". Oh, no...not Wendy's. They have class. If you ask that question you might as well carry a metal lunch pail and wear a sign that says, "Blue collar schmo" on it. Instead, I was asked, "Will you be eating this in our Dining Room?". I added the capital letters, but I feel they were implied. The "Dining Room"? You mean the one cavernous, condiment-splattered, kid cage that most people would refer to as "the restaurant"?

I should said, "No, no, that will never do. I'll dine in my study this evening."

1 comment:

Moot said...

Gold Matt, pure Gold. I authentically enjoy reading your drivel...Capital job.

I get so caught up in the "real world of business and what not that I had forgotten that I too, was a youth that enjoyed the things you write about.