Tuesday, March 11, 2008

"The Mist" Has Balls of Steel

I saw "The Mist" at the cheap theater with my friend Dan tonight (who beat me and posted about it first), and it blew me away. This post won't be as eloquent as Dan's...and I also think mine could be a little spoilerish, so consider yourself warned.

I won't go into great detail about the movie...it was pretty good, but not terrific. Some of the effects were weak, but most were very good. The cast was a who's who of character actors, so be prepared to spend a good chunk of your time trying to remember what you saw the actors in previously.

Here's why this movie deserves it's own post: "The Mist" has one of the bravest and cruelest endings that I've ever seen. My jaw literally hung open for the last 5 minutes of this movie. When it was over, I turned to Dan and said, "I feel like I was just raped by this movie."

I'm not saying it was bad...in fact, I really enjoyed myself throughout the entire film. The ending was just completely shocking. Not only because it was different than the book...but because 99% of films would never dare end a movie like this.

No comments: