Friday, May 9, 2008

I'm Back! And...where the hell have I been?

After an extended absence, I'm back and hopefully able to do some more blogging.

So what's kept me away? Well, several things converging at once.

First, I was preparing for and traveling to a concert that I was involved in. Also, due to some other circumstances that are connected to that show, I have been going through the necessary steps to start a small business. That means meeting with a lawyer and an accountant, applying for an Iowa sales tax permit, becoming incorporated, writing up and revising a contract, etc... It's been extraordinarily stressful but I find that I can always find just a little more gas in the tank to burn when I'm working on something that's my OWN. Hey...a business owner...do I have to become a republican now? Naaaaah.

How much of my time has it taken? Well...I'll give you three pieces of evidence. Exhibit A: There are two episodes of 30 Rock on my DVR. Exhibit B: I've had the same two Netflix movies on top of my TV for close to three weeks. Exhibit C: I haven't touched Guitar Hero* for over TWO WEEKS!

I know. Sad, really.

On top of all of this activity, I've not had much bloggy material at my disposal. I've been so completely obsessed about the Obama/Hillary race that if I were to write what's on my mind, this blog would become a full-time political blog, and there are so many great political blogs out there, I could never compete.

But now, I'm hoping to get back to regular life. Out to dinner with friends tonight, two chilly and windy soccer games to watch tomorrow, and then Mother's day activities.

*Quick side-story about Guitar Hero. As you may know, I'm desperately waiting for Guitar Hero: Aerosmith's release. Up until now, Activision has been really slippery and coy about the release date, saying only "June 2008". This last Sunday's Best Buy ad finally had a date: June 29, 2008. WHAT? They almost could NOT release this game any later and still keep their promise. Not cool.

No comments: