Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Gross Generalizations

Two things that I always find highly amusing are 1) gross generalizations and 2) movie/television reviews that are so negative that they are actually angry. Jeffrey Wells is a movie critic and blogger who occasionally combines those two things ("Your chocolate is in my peanut butter!")

Today, he had this to say about the new Sex and the City movie:
The film is another Taliban recruitment film -- a grotesque and putrid valentine to the insipid "me, my lifestyle, my accessories and I" chick culture of the early 21st Century. Guys everywhere -- if you're in a brand-new relationship, take her to see this thing. If she even half-likes it, dump her and walk away cold. Save yourself!

Priceless!

3 comments:

Dan said...

I completely lost interest in "Sex & The City" at the end of Season 3 when she cheated on Aiden with Big. It was at that point that I gave up on Carrie every becoming smart.

As for the movie, I will not be seeing it. The only movie from a TV show that I'm interested in this summer is X Files: I Want To Believe.

God said...

I second what Dan says. Even though the last 2 seasons of X-Files were pretty much garbage, I'm stoked to see Scully and Mulder in action again.

Wait a minute. I think Charlotte from SATC is kind of hot. Maybe I'll see it after all.

SMiner said...

I personally hate hyperbole in movie reviews. But to be fair, this movie looks like it could literally be worse than the Holocaust and cancer combined.