Monday, August 4, 2008

Strong Words!

Jeffrey Wells is a very entertaining film blogger who I've quoted here before. He is a lot of things, but never tentative.

Here's his latest statement on the "Mummy" movies starring Brendan Fraser:

"I really and truly consider all three Mummy movies (the first two directed by Stephen Sommers, who produced the current installment) a blight upon our souls. It is industrial-strength pollution in the American cultural river. Giving a pass to these movies is like blowing a kiss to the devil himself."

1 comment:

Dan said...

Wow, I guess I'm a devil-kisser then! I thought the first one was quite good (due in no small part to Rachel Weisz, proving that librarians can be sexy too!) and the second one suffered typical sequel-itis, trying to be bigger and better but was actually neither.

The third one? I was willing to write this one off, but the trailer was good and Heidi wants to see it. An August release date has me a bit worried (as does the 9% fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes), but you know I won't pay full price for it anyway.

At the rate that sucker is going, it should be in the dollar theater by Labor Day.