Thursday, July 31, 2008

37 Nuggets of Knowledge About Matt

Despite the fact that these long lists of questions usually strike me as a bit...well...masturbatory, Dan did call me out. Honor demands that I answer these questions!

1. Do you like blue cheese?
Like Dan, I'm not entirely sure that I've ever eaten blue cheese...at least knowingly. I have to be Switzerland on this one.

2. Have you ever smoked?
Yes. That's yes as in, "Yes, I've smoked a cigarette and/or cigar before." but not "yes, I've been a smoker."

3. Do you own a gun?
No actual firearms. But man, I miss my tracer gun. That was one of the best toys ever. Also, I used to have a battery-powered squirt gun that looked like a real machine gun. That was back in the good old days when toy guns weren't all neon orange.

4. What flavor Kool Aid was your favorite?
I have no clue. Probably black cherry. At least, that's the only flavor I can actually remember drinking. Favorite by default.

5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments?
Depends on what I'm there for. I'm a bit of a wimp about shots and/or getting blood drawn. I don't get dizzy or the shakes or anything, but I hate the anticipation. It's the long, ridiculous, drawn-out nature of the thing. They sloooowly put on the rubber gloves. They carefully knead your arm to expose a good vein. Then they methodically swab your arm with alcohol. All the while, you're painfully aware that these are just the steps that must be taken before you are stabbed. I'd much rather they jump you from behind the door the second you walk in and take the blood by surprise.

6. What do you think of hot dogs?
I'm pro hot dog.

7. Favorite Christmas movie?
Scrooged, I'd say.

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
Life, man. Life. Too douchebaggy? Ok, Water.

9. Can you do push ups?
Sure.

10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry?
The only jewelry I possess is my wedding ring.

11. Favorite hobby?
Currently, I'd say Guitar Hero. I have many hobbies, but they tend to fade after a short, intense run. So far, Guitar Hero has lasted about a year and a half.

12. Do you have A.D.D.?
Probably not technically...but my attention is very divided normally.

13. Do you wear glasses/contacts?
I do not.

14. Middle name?
John.

15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment?
I'm vaguely irritated that my girls are still awake, because they have had an exhausting day (we are on vacation at King's Pointe waterpark) and should be passed out. I realized today that I'm really hard on first time novelists...I read their books with a frown and they have to REALLY blow me away. I finished watching "The Abyss" on my iPod last night while my wife and girls were asleep...and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. Much better than I remember.

16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink?
Water, Lemonade, Orange Juice (I'll drink OJ with anything. Spaghetti, pizza, you name it).

17. Current worry?
Fear/xenophobia/racism/cynicism will prove powerful enough to overcome Obama's candidacy.

18. Current hate right now?
Mayflies.

19. Favorite place to be?
That's a tough one...I tend to like really ridiculous fake touristy places like Universal Studios.

20. How did you bring in the New Year?
I honestly can't remember...and not because I was drunk. Exciting, I know.

21. Where would you like to go?
Maine, Seattle, Portland, San Diego...

22. Name three people who will complete this?
Wow...I don't even have 3 blogger friends!

23. Do you own slippers?
No.

24. What shirt are you wearing?
Right now I'm wearing a Maynard Ferguson shirt, spreading the word!

25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets?
I'm not sure I ever have. It doesn't sound appealing to me, though.

26. Can you whistle?
Like a champ.

27. Favorite color?
Blue.

28. Would you be a pirate?
Probably not.

29. What songs do you sing in the shower?
I usually have talk radio on in the morning, so I guess whatever jingle is on the radio. "...everybody knows it's Lebeda".

30. Favorite Girl's Name?
Mattilda

31. Favorite boy's name?
Matthew

32. What's in your pocket right now?
Not a damn thing.

33. Last thing that made you laugh?
My kids being ridiculous today.

34. What vehicle do you drive?
A gold Toyota Corolla.

35. Worst injury you've ever had?
In the first grade (on May Day, no less), I was hit in the face (accidentally) with a golf club by the neighbor girl. 28 stitches were required to close up my chin.

36. Do you love where you live?
Not even a little bit.

37. How many TVs do you have in your house?
Four.




7 comments:

Dan said...

Memes like that are, by their very definition, masturbatory, but I liked this one because the questions were silly. Silly enough, but they also allowed minute glimpses into the life of whoever was answering the questions, which is always kind of fun.

Did you ever have a Ghost Gun? That was my favorite gun of all time!

http://oldhaunts.blogspot.com/2006/01/monster-toy-ghost-gun.html

Matt said...

I don't think I've even heard of the ghost gun!

Unknown said...

Orange juice with spaghetti? How about apple juice with Ramen noodles?

Bess said...

I can't believe neither you nor Dan listed Purplesaurus Rex as your favorite kool-aid. It's the only flavor I can remember, a favorite of the little boy I babysat for...

Dan said...

I, for one, have absolutely no recollection of Purplesaurus Rex.

Bess said...

I think PurpleSaurus Rex was a combo of grape and lemonade. Yum...

Matt said...

Apple juice and ramen noodles can be deadly if you consume enough.

I have heard of Purplesaurus Rex, but definitely don't remember it from my childhood...