Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Nerdery Week - The Video Game Situation

So far, after checking out a couple of the other Nerdery Week reports, I've learned a couple of things.
  1. My office isn't nearly as cool as those featured by other nerds.
  2. I need a better digital camera
For the next installment of Nerdery Week, let's take a peek at my video game situation. This is not technically in my office, but it still helps me shore up my nerd classification. In our family room, I have a multiplex of video game systems tucked into the various compartments of our entertainment system.

Behind door number one, we have a Sega Dreamcast and a VSmile:

Behind door number two, you can find a Super Nintendo (SNES) and a Nintendo 64 (N64). Notice the switcher on the left:

Finally, behind door number three, we have my PS2, a whole lotta games, and a SVHS switcher:Ok, so they don't look pretty. But I assure you, when all of the doors are closed, there are no visible wires.

Not pictured: My precious TurboGrafx-16. There's just no more room, little buddy. There's just no more room.

3 comments:

Dan said...

This is in area in which my nerdery really takes a hit. I have NO video game systems. None. I never even had Nintendo in the late 80s.

Fortunately, I have enough nerdery in other areas to counter this severe deficiency.

Of course, thanks to you, I'll probably be a proud owner of a PS2 before the summer. ;)

God said...

Man, I swear...we should all live in the same nerdy neighborhood where there are video games for everybody and no system is ever left behind.

Even ol' TurboGrafx 16.

Cate Gardner said...

Oh no, I fail on the video game nerd front too...