Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Nerdery Week - The Oaks

Let me just shake my nerves for a minute before I start...

Ok. This is, without question, the most embarrassing/painful/nerdy admission that I've made so far during Nerdery Week.

I have a lot of CDs. I'm not sure how many...maybe 500 or so. Anyway, they span 2 tall standing racks, and several rows of smaller racks.

And this is how many Oak Ridge Boys CDs I have. They start here, in this rack:
And they spill over into a second rack:
By my count, that's 24 CDs of Joe, Duane, William Lee, and Richard. Wow...24? All arranged chronologically, of course. I can't help but like them. I spent a lot of time with my grandparents as a child, and they played a lot of Oaks. My parents also played a lot of Oaks. I'm just a sucker for that 70s country and four part harmony.

What's not to love? And man, I wanted that low voice when I grew up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the Oakridge Boys when I was growing up, so there's no shame there. I think we all have artists that have stayed with us our entire lives. They're comfort music.

Dan said...

I have absolutely no artists that have stayed with my entire life so I have no idea what Caryle is talking about. ;)

God said...

Hey, no shame in The Oaks. You want shame? I own Corey Hart's Greatest Hits...on CD.

The 'Sunglasses at Night' guy. Yeah. Him.