Sunday, January 27, 2008

The First Post

Welcome to the inaugural post of Blue Birdland, Matt's blog. I've been kicking around the idea of starting a blog for a while, but this first post is a killer. How do you start a blog? The very notion of a blog is steeped in narcissism, and the whole thing from top to bottom feels like an exercise in ego. Why else would you create a site dedicated to nothing else but the global broadcasting of your thoughts?

Those of you who know me know that I'm a compulsive discloser and an incessant talker. This blog will allow me to communicate with anyone who is interested while providing many of you with a valuable service. Blue Birdland will be a place where I can unload some ridiculous stuff, and you won't have to listen to me drone on and on about these things in person. See? It's a win/win.

It will take me some time to find my own comfort level of just how much I will disclose and who I will share this blog with.

A few logistics: I have no idea what this place will end up looking like, or really even what blogspot is capable of, so the layout and items surrounding the posts will likely change. For now, I've got "Matt's Media Center," a quick look at what I'm reading, listening to, and watching...and a list of sites that I recommend very highly.

Ok. It wasn't pretty. It wasn't eloquent. But dammit, it's done. The first post is out of the way.

1 comment:

Dan said...

See, that wasn't so bad, was it?

I would agree that there is a certain degree of narcissism that goes into blogging and anyone who denies it is fooling themselves at least a bit. Although for me, it also serves as an easy way for people to keep up with me without having to e-mail everyone or pick up the damn telephone.

I, for one, am glad that you entered the fray!